Balsamic Baked Chicken Breasts with Mozzarella
Balsamic Baked Chicken Breasts with MozzarellaCourse: DinnerCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
4 skinless chicken breasts (around 9oz | 250g each breast)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon salt
cracked black pepper, to taste
1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic, (5-6 cloves garlic)
2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
1/4 red onion, peeled and sliced
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
3/4 cup fresh shredded mozzarella cheese
2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley or basil, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 220°C | 430°F.
- Place chicken breasts in a baking dish and drizzle with olive oil. Season with oregano, basil, salt, pepper and 1 tablespoon of minced garlic. Rub seasoning all over each breast. Arrange the tomatoes and red onion around the chicken in the dish.
- Whisk together the balsamic vinegar, sugar and remaining garlic in a jug to combine. Pour over the chicken breasts, flip each breast in the sauce to evenly coat.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes (depending on the thickness of your chicken breasts), or until no longer pink in the middle. Sprinkle with cheese and broil (or grill) for 4-5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and golden.
- Garnish with parsley, and serve with rice or pasta drizzled with the pan juices.