Creamy Potato and Hamburger Soup
Creamy Potato and Hamburger SoupCourse: SoupsCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
1 medium white onion peeled and diced
1 large garlic clove minced
6 cups of chicken broth
6 cups of peeled & diced Russet potatoes
2 cups of your favourite frozen vegetable mix
3 tsp dried basil
2 tsp dried parsley flakes
1 1/2 cups milk
2 tbsp cornstarch
8 ounces Velveeta cheese cubed
- In a large skillet ,fry the ground beef and onions until the onions are soft and the ground beef browned. Drain the grease.
- Fry the garlic until browned and fragrant. Add the beef mixture to the crockpot or stockpot on the stove.
- Add in the potatoes, broth, vegetables, basil and parsley.
- Cook in the crockpot on low for 6-8 hours, on high for 3-4, or simmer on the stove until the potatoes are tender and starting to dissolve sightly.
- Whisk the cornstarch into the milk, then whisk into the soup. Add the Velveeta and let it melt, stirring occasionally. When it’s melted in completely, spoon into bowls and serve.
- You can add more broth if you like a thinner soup, or even 1/2 cup of sour cream at the end to add some tang.