Dorito CasseroleCourse: MainCuisine: MexicanDifficulty: Easy
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 pound ground beef I use 90% lean
1/2 cup onion finely diced
1 packet taco seasoning
1 1/2 cups salsa
1 cup sour cream
2 cups shredded cheese I used cheddar and Monterey Jack
4 cups Dorito chips I used nacho cheese flavor
1/2 cup tomatoes diced
1/4 cup green onions sliced
sour cream, cilantro and other taco toppings for serving optional
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 2-3 quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Add the beef and cook for 4-5 minutes or until just browned, breaking up the meat with a spatula.
- Add the onion and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes or until onion is translucent.
- Stir in the taco seasoning and red salsa. Simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the sour cream.
- Lightly crush the Doritos. Spread 1/3 of the chips over the bottom of the prepared pan. Place 1/2 of the meat mixture on top of the chips, then add 1/3 of the cheese in an even layer.
- Repeat the process with another 1/3 of the chips, the rest of the meat, and 1/3 of the cheese.
- Add the remaining chips, then the final layer of cheese. Cover the baking dish with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and starting to brown.
- Sprinkle the tomatoes and green onions over the casserole, then serve. Top with additional taco flavorings such as sour cream, olives, etc. if desired.