Mandarin Orange Cake
Mandarin Orange CakeCourse: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Medium
1 c butter softened
1 1/2 c sugar
8 egg yolks
1 1/3 c mandarin oranges crushed
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
3/4 c milk
2 c cake flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 c heavy cream
1/2 c powdered sugar
3.4 oz vanilla pudding mix instant
16 oz pineapple fresh, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 2 8″ round pans and set aside.
- In a large bowl/mixer, cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in egg yolks, Cuties and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, sift cake flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Gradually incorporate into wet mixture alternating with milk until just incorporated.
- Pour into baking pans and bake 25-28 minutes when cake springs back after being touched. Allow to cool 20 minutes before turning onto rack or pedestal.
- Beat heavy cream until stiff. Add powdered sugar, vanilla pudding mix and crushed pineapple.
- Place one layer of cake onto your serving dish and fill with icing before placing the second layer on top. Ice, garnish and refrigerate until ready to serve.