Mexican Cheesy Ground Beef and Rice Casserole
Mexican Cheesy Ground Beef and Rice CasseroleCourse: MainCuisine: MexicanDifficulty: Easy
1 Can Fiesta Nacho Cheese Soup
1 Cup Long Grain White Rice
2 Cups Water
1 Can Black Beans, drained
1 lb Ground Beef
1 Taco Seasoning Packet
Water, per package instructions
Cheddar or colby jack cheese, sliced about 9 pieces
Salsa for serving
Avocado for serving
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees and spray an 8×9″ baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Heat a skillet to medium heat and add the ground beef.
- Drain off fat and add the seasoning packet along with the water called for on the package directions.
- Simmer until thickened.
- Stir together the soup, rice, remaining water, beans , and cooked beef.
- Place in the baking dish and bake for 90 minutes.
- Top with cheese slices and bake a few more minutes or until melted.